Running a charity or not-for-profit organisation carries with it a lot of responsibility and important obligations, from its day-to-day running through to the maximisation of fundraising efforts.
All the while charity leaders must ensure they remain compliant with the complex regulatory regimes that dictate charity finances and management.
That is why organisations must work alongside trusted advisers who understand the accountancy, audit and tax requirements of the third sector and can alleviate much of the stress of running a charity or not-for-profit organisation – allowing it to operate as efficiently and cost-effectively as possible.
Our charities and not-for-profit specialists have years of experience supporting a wide range of organisations, including housing associations, with their affairs.
We support a variety of clients in varying ways, ranging from smaller charities with income of around £1 million to more complex groups with incoming funds of over £35 million, by helping them with their monthly management accounting, preparing their payroll, preparation of their year-end accounts and tax compliance, as well as carrying out audits that are compliant with the latest regulatory requirements.
Our services include:
- advice on charity structures
- advice on cost-effective financial systems and controls
- advice on managing reserves
- compliance with regulatory requirements
- external and internal audits
- payroll support, including advice on benefits in kind, redundancy and pensions
- preparing accounts compliant with the latest Charities’ Statement of Recommended Practices (SORP) and other relevant legislation
- preparing accounts for friendly, industrial and provident societies (FIPs), working men’s clubs, credit unions and other mutual societies regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority
- support with trading activities and the setting up and management of subsidiaries
- tax and VAT compliance and advice
- Strategic support and advice and assistance with budgeting and cash flow.
We can also provide advice on the selection and management of trustees and support boards with the governance of their organisation.
With many groups also facing difficulties due to the effects of the Coronavirus pandemic, we have also been providing advice to help charities pivot and adapt.
To find out more about our expertise in this area, please watch the video below:
How we can help
Our team, led by experienced charity specialist Linda Cooper, will work with you and your trustees to make the management of your organisation simpler and less stressful, so you can focus on managing your core activities and delivering services to your beneficiaries.
By seeking out professional advice and support you can ensure your organisation remains compliant at all times. To find out how we can help you, why not speak to our dedicated charity and not-for-profit team today.