Brown Butler is a proactive accountancy firm, specialising in the provision of accountancy, audit and taxation services to a wide-ranging client base. We provide Director-led Business Advice that goes beyond the purely financial aspects. With a strong Client service focus our clients find it refreshing that we focus on the bigger picture, maximising value for them. This enables our experienced team to engage with clients to meet their needs at both the local and also international level as part of the DFK International Association.
To continue to support our internal team in delivering a 1st class service to our Clients we are now looking for an IT Support Technician.
This is a really interesting and one-off opportunity to work within our practice providing 1st and 2nd line support and training to 80 + internal users, alongside supporting and training some of our external clients on the use of various software packages. Dealing with varying levels of IT users, the successful candidate will have a strong service ethic, a good level of technical competence, be able to apply independent thinking to resolve issues and enjoy interacting with others in a face to face capacity as well as through technology and social media channels.
The role is wide-ranging and quite unique in its design, offering the opportunity to learn about and be involved in all aspects of IT, within a professional services environment.
Reporting into the IT Director, and providing administrative assistance thereto, you will be involved in every aspect of IT support across our Leeds City Centre office, from setting up new domain users and configuring PC’s to administering servers and liaising with suppliers through all aspects of our purchasing life-cycle as well as supporting our staff and clients with their IT queries.
Essential Technical experience:
- 1st / 2nd line support
- Windows 10
- MS-Exchange Server / Office 365
- Active Directory
- Networking (TCP-IP/ DHCP/ DNS)
Desirable Technical experience, skills and requirements:
- Office 365 – beyond Exchange
- SQL Server
- Routers / Switches
- VoIP Telephony
In addition to being technically proficient, to support the uniqueness of this role, the successful candidate will also need to have the following personal skills:
- Be a confident communicator across a wide range of people
- Have good organisation and time management
- Have strong problem solving, troubleshooting and analytical skills
- Show demonstrable tact, patience and resilience
- Show a willingness to learn and receive feedback
Key Tasks and day to day responsibilities will include:
- Setting up new users on domain and configuring new PC’s;
- Installing / re-installing software on PC’s (including Windows if required);
- Assisting internal colleagues with hardware/software/networking issues;
- Writing and delivering training presentations, including new employee IT induction training;
- Systems admin tasks involving (but not limited to);
- MS-Exchange / Office 365;
- MS-SQL Server;
- Print Server;
- Backup Server;
- Active Directory;
- VoIP Telephony;
- Any other adhoc PC / network / admin support duties as required.
- Assisting clients and other external parties with presentation needs at our offices;
- Configuring accounting software to suit client requirements (with initial guidance from IT director);
- Training of client (or client’s bookkeeper) in the use of accounting software (with initial guidance from IT director);
- Assisting clients with general IT-related queries.
- General office administration relating to all IT matters;
- Liaising between IT Director and suppliers regarding ordering / tracking / return / repair of equipment;
- Control of purchasing life-cycle including processing and co-ordinating purchase orders, invoices and delivery notes;
- Upkeep of IT asset register;
- Diary management and co-ordination.
For an informal chat or to enquire further about the role please email email@example.com.
All applications should be made by forwarding your CV with a covering letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Additional Supplementary Information:
Job Title: IT Support Technician
Hours: Full-time @ 37 hours per week
Some flexibility on working of hours, with 7.5 hours to be worked each day between the hours of 8.30am – 6.00pm.
Benefits: Competitive salary, with excellent long-term earning potential
Annual leave of 23 days plus 8 bank holidays plus 1 extra pre-determined day at Christmas
Enhanced Company sick pay (upon successful completion of probationary period)
Private pension scheme with employer contribution up to 5%
Professional Fees reimbursement
Opportunities for Continued Professional Development
Flexible approach to hours