Brown Butler is a proactive accountancy firm, specialising in the provision of accountancy, audit and taxation services to a wide-ranging client base. We provide Director-led Business Advice that goes beyond the purely financial aspects. With a strong Client service focus our clients find it refreshing that we focus on the bigger picture, maximising value for them. This enables our experienced team to engage with clients to meet their needs at both the local and also international level as part of the DFK International Association.
Our Clients are wide ranging in type and size, with locations predominantly based across Yorkshire and North East of England. One common factor is they are all privately owned whether that be family, business associates or private equity.
This role will suite candidates with extensive practice experience who wish to stay and progress in a firm. With the opportunity to progress up to Director level, you will have the opportunity to grow your knowledge, skills and exposure across a large and diverse client base.
Candidates will ideally be ACA/ACCA qualified or QBE and have managed their own client portfolio.
They must have a high client service ethos and be able to demonstrate drive and initiative.
The overall responsibilities for this role are:
Working directly with clients developing and maintaining relationships, supporting the team to ensure accounts and tax assignments are delivered on time and to the highest of standards.
Key tasks and day to day responsibilities include:
- Preparation and production of statutory accounts and tax computations from client records for Limited companies, Sole Traders, Partnerships and LLP’s.
- Preparation and submission of VAT returns to HMRC, accurately and to required time requirements (MTD and other).
- Preparing management accounts.
- Filing/submitting of prepared company accounts to Companies House.
- Contacting HMRC regarding corporate tax affairs.
- Meeting with new clients, dealing with the client engagement process and obtaining authorisation from HMRC.
- Acting as the first point of contact for clients on a day to day basis, in person, on the telephone and via email and letter.
- Assist in the training and development of junior colleagues, reviewing their work and providing constructive, developmental feedback.
Key Skills and Essential Criteria
- ACA/ACCA qualified, with experience of working with a wide range of clients;
- High technical level of accountancy knowledge, with experience in applied thinking and application;
- In-depth accounts preparation and disclosure knowledge;
- Audit experience desirable but not essential
- Highly organised with good time management skills and an excellent attention to detail;
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills;
- Excellent business acumen and capacity to influence
- Confident in manner, a good communicator, both written, verbally and face to face; with the ability to adapt to various levels of understanding
- Highly computer literate, including experience of Microsoft Office, with a desire to use technology to add value to clients and improve efficiency.
- Experienced in self-managing workload; with the ability to multi task and work successfully to deadlines
- Actively seeks to develop expertise and knowledge
- Develops and maintains relationships both internally and externally
- IT Software skills required; Microsoft office packages of Word, Excel and Outlook alongside Accountancy software; Digita; Quick Books; Xero; Sage line 50.
- Full UK driving license desirable but not essential*.
For an informal chat or to enquire further about the role please email email@example.com .
All applications should be made by forwarding your CV with a covering letter to firstname.lastname@example.org;
No Agencies, thank you.
*As we are based in Leeds and predominantly focus on Yorkshire our team are also based in the area. There is very little requirement to travel or stay away from home on a regular basis, although there is plenty of opportunity to travel for those who choose to!
Additional Supplementary Information:
Job Title: Accounts Senior
Hours: Full-time @ 37 hours per week
Some flexibility on working of hours, with 7.5 hours to be worked each day between the hours of 8.30am – 5.30pm. We are also able to accommodate starting earlier or later if helpful for candidates travel times and requirements.
- Competitive salary, with excellent long-term earning potential Annual leave of 23 days plus 8 bank holidays plus 1 extra pre-determined day at Christmas
- Enhanced Company sick pay (upon successful completion of probationary period)
- Private pension scheme with employer contribution up to 5%
- Professional Fees reimbursement
- Opportunities for Continued Professional Development
- Flexible approach to hours